In most cases the common factor in sport related injuries is simply overuse. Most athletes over extend their bodies by pushing too hard to fast, or to hard for too long. Athletes should follow a detailed training program which must include a warm up session. Several sports related injuries occur when the athlete fails to properly warm up before training or performing. Warm ups will help loosen up your muscles and get your body ready for training.
When working with sports related injuries, chiropractor will provide all the information you need to be healthy and participate in your desired sport injury free.
Working with athletes with sports related injuries is a substantial part of chiropractors practice. They have a wide arrange of experience with injuries and conditions cause by sports related activities. One of those injuries and conditions is an acute injury or those that happen very quickly. An example of an acute injury is a dislocated shoulder which occurs in the blink of an eye and can result in future pain.
By diagnosing and talking with her patients, chiropractor is able to determine the exact chiropractic care a patient needs to heal from their injury. By using specific manipulation techniques he will be able to make gentle adjustments to your body that will give you relief from pain.
What are some of the most common injuries treated by chiropractors?
Plantar Fasciitis: This is when the connective tissue on the bottom of the foot is inflamed and is most common with runners.
- Symptoms: Pain in the bottom of your foot near the hell. Can feel as if pain radiates to the “ball” of the foot. When first waking up the pain will be worse but will decrease with movement.
- Prevention: Stretching! Stretching is the key to prevention. You should focus on stretching the calf and Achilles tendon.
Bursitis or Tendonitis: Bursitis occurs when the bursae are inflamed. Bursae are the points where muscles and tendons slide across bones. Tendonitis occurs when the tendons are inflamed. Tendons are the bands of tissues that connect muscle to bone.
- Cause: Repetitive motions, trauma, and extreme friction can cause bursitis or tendonitis.
- Symptoms: Swelling, pain, and a burning sensation.
- Prevention: Stretching, warming up, proper training, and proper technique to perform tasks related to your sport.
Shin Splits: Shin splits refer to pain of the shins or pain right behind the shins.
- Cause: Extreme pressure, bad posture, insufficient shoes, not stretching before performing, and running across surfaces that are uneven.
- Symptoms: Shin pain or pain directly behind the shin
- Prevention: Wearing shoes with the proper support for your sport and learning the correct way to run with minimum impact.
Ankle Sprains: Ankle sprains occur when a ligament of the ankle is torn or at least partially torn.
- Cause: Abrupt twisting of the ankle due to slipping, loosing balance, or trauma
- Symptoms: Inflammation and pain of the ankle.
- Prevention: Proper footwear, stretching, wearing a brace or taping the ankle before exercising or training.
If you have to look for a chiropractor near me place. So what is the effect of looking a local chiropractor to your health? Basically, there is no relationship between your health and the location of your chiropractor but it is important that they are only near your place. Usually, chiropractic treatments involves several sessions so it can be hard for you if it is far. If you search the internet for chiropractor near me surely you will get some good results, and it is up to you to choose the best for your problem.